Friday, August 24, 2007

Jeanne Says: It is official: I teach but not at home.

Jeanne's Original Post
"This is what I think of the homeschooling population."

This is Jeanne's entire blog entry. No, really, I'm not making that up. It's not a link to something that explains how she feels. It's not accompanied by a cute cartoon or a photograph. It's just one horribly sad little incomplete sentence.

Jeanne is about to get a graduate degree in education. She is about to start teaching in Florida. She even has an undergrad degree in journalism. Sadly, she is quite incapable of telling us what it is, exactly, that she thinks of homeschoolers. Perhaps her "duh head homeschoolers" comments of posts gone by is supposed to be enough. I can't decide if this makes her a poor student, or if she just had a sub-par education.

That sentence alone makes me glad she won't be teaching my children, and grateful that I do teach, at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment