Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Think Someone Is Angry

Jeanne has informed me in her latest post, that all of her material is now copywrited, and thus, I can't use it.  I'd just like to make clear, for the record (because everyone's keeping a record, I know) that any time I've used Jeanne's material, it has always been quoted appropriately, and links left to the original posts.  Really, this isn't a site to copy all of her posts.  It's more a place for me to share my thoughts since I'm not allowed to comment over there.

I think where Jeanne fails, and bloggers like Amy Welborn don't, is that Amy Welborn can say what she enjoys or thinks about without insulting everyone who disagrees with her.  Jeanne could easily tell us the kind of mom she'd like to be, without insinuating that everyone who does crafts and such with their kids, is crappy.  Mom's are different.  I wasn't a crafty mom, and I'm still not.  But more power to those who are.  It takes all kinds, right?  No one cares if she wants to be a laid back, more hands off mom.  But the idea that other kinds of mom's aren't as good comes across as insulting and judgmental.  I've never been able to wrap my head around how she can see everyone else's judgment of her, but not her judgment of everyone else.  Maybe it's that she thinks her judgment is justified.  I don't know.

I also don't get how her blog is a travel blog.  I kind of see it as a whatever-comes-into-Jeanne's-head kind of a blog.  It's rather scattered and unfocused.  But it's what she wants to write, and it certainly keeps me...entertained.

By the way, Jeanne, in case you're reading this, I think it's op-ed, not ed op.  Really, don't you have a degree in journalism?

I wonder if she's trying to be funny when she writes it that way, has she forgotten, or was her school exceptionally bad?  I just can't tell.  I'm hoping she's just trying to be funny and the humor doesn't come across on the screen.  Otherwise it hurts my head a little.

6 comments:

  1. CEASE AND DESIST OR FIND YOUR ASS IN COURT IN FEDERAL COURT. COPYWRITE LAW IS FEDERAL LAW.

    GOT IT.... THE FEDS.

    GOT THAT???

    A JUDGEMENT COULD BE PLACED ON YOUR HOUSE. COOL IT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, linking to your post doesn't violate any copywrite laws. I checked. I'm not allowed to share my opinion on your blog. That's fine. It's your blog and you have the right to not allow me there. But you don't have the right to deny me my own space on the web to share my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh Jeanne, just saying something is copyrighted doesn't make it so. Mind providing the proof?

    And even if your blog IS copyrighted, Anne's use of your words falls under "fair use". You say you're a journalist. Do a little research. I'm sure they taught "Google" at Franciscan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your taxes Anne are due in two weeks.

    get a job and go pay them.

    QUIT STALKING ME ON THE INTERNET AND GET A LIFE. I AM SICK OF IT.

    I moved the blog. you are not invited.

    quit stalking me on the internet OR LEGALLY FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS. DON'T BE A DUMMY AND QUIT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanne, if you know when my taxes are due, have threatened to post my address on the internet, have been banned from a message board for your harassment of me, and have threatened to report me to the authorities as a *gasp* homeschooler then I think the reality is that you're stalking me, not vice versa. I've never looked up personal information on you. Ever. Nor have ever wished you harm. I think you're kooky, but you're fun at the same time. One never knows what you'll say next. Seriously, it's fascinating.

    Your post proves again that you react only to what you think is there and not what is actually stated. I'm a working mom, Jeanne. That means I have a job.

    It's okay that I'm not invited to your new blog. It seems you've given me this round if you've made it private. I wonder how many invites you've sent out. Somehow I doubt people are begging for them.

    As for your legal threats, they'd mean more if I was doing something to be worried about. Maybe I should put it in caps so you'll understand...

    YOU CAN'T BULLY ME, JEANNE. I'M NOT AFRAID OF YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanne, I am pretty sure YOU do not hold the copyright to the "Cathy" cartoons you post. This means YOU are the one violating copyright law. You may want to look into that, since you seem to think you are an expert.

    ReplyDelete