Monday, June 25, 2007

I wonder as I go to school...........home in a week.

Jeanne's Original Post

This is one of those posts that makes me wonder if Jeanne is really like this in real life, or if this is just an internet persona for her. I wonder if perhaps she's a troll.

An internet troll is defined as:
"In the context of the Internet, a troll is a person who makes inflammatory or comments, which by effect or design cause disruptions in discourse, or a post made by such a person. Trolling can be described as a breaching experiment, which, because of the use of an alternate persona, allows for normal social boundaries and rules of etiquette to be tested or otherwise broken, without serious consequences." Source

I wonder if perhaps she isn't even a Catholic, but writes these posts to get Catholics worked up. If that is her goal I think she's fairly successful. Perhaps not always in getting them worked up, but in at least being offensive while trying.

Nuns and postulants go to church and she's laughing at them? And honestly thinks that God is laughing with her? What kind of God does she believe in that He has so little regard for people who have given their lives in service to Him? Her God sounds like a Jr. Highschooler mocking people for dressing differently.

As for her comment:
"THAT'S RIGHT SISTER J*o*y AND IT DOESN'T MEAN THE DEGERGENT THAT YOU CLEAN YOUR FREAKIN HOUSE WITH OR SCRUB THAT FLOOR UNTIL IT IS NICE AND CLEAN. "

I can't help but think that she's projecting a bit. I have never found a more painfully bitter blog in all of my life. I think perhaps it is the blogger herself who really needs some joy. And I hope she finds it, I really do. Joy in herself and in her world and her accomplishments. Not joy that comes from berating or disparaging others.

What kind of a Catholic makes fun of those who've taken Holy Orders? I just don't get that. And as they are Holy Orders, I doubt God gets it either. I don't know who she thinks she hears laughing, but I don't believe that it was God.

No comments:

Post a Comment