Saturday, June 2, 2007

Jeanne is: Home in Florida

Home in Florida with Tropical Storm Barry and the tale of the Homeschool Show off nerd that won the Spelling Bee.


Jeanne's Original Post
"If the two people who commented think they are so so great, then why are they not here? If they think they are so wonderful, then why are they not helping the places here that have flooded?"

Once again, Jeanne finds something obscure to make herself feel better. Well, Jeanne, once again I'd bet good money that your commenters never claimed to be better than you, but that it's something that you inferred. Not everyone who disagrees with you thinks they're a better person. They may be a better person, but not solely by virtue of having a different opinion.

I was going to try to explain in simple terms so that Jeanne could understand, but then I realized the problem. It's that darned projection thing again. I believe that she may actually think herself vastly superior to anyone who deigns to have an opinion different than hers and naturally assumes that anyone who cares enough to comment a dissenting opinion on her blog must also have an over-inflated sense of self-importance.

They don't, Jeanne. Really. Get over it.

"Nah, they are gutless hypocrite holier than thous who will not pay your bills and are more than likely on welfare while they are homeschooling. "

Jeanne loves to do this. She continues her relentless attacks on homeschoolers without ever substantiating a single accusation. And if you ask her, she just calls you stupid. Can you hear my eyes rolling? I especially find it interesting when just a few posts later she's saying that we should have to pay extra taxes since we're so willing that our money should be wasted.

Well, which is it, Jeanne? Are we all big spenders wasting our cash on paying for a double education, or are we all mooching off the system? You can't have it both ways.

And quit it with the comments about who pays whose bills. No, I'm not going to pay your bills. But likewise, you're not going to pay mine. So how I raise my children is...let me see...that's right...none of your business. Thanks for playing!

"I am going to Mass after I say this because many people really are not working up to their capacity. I don't care what they think. Got that?"

I thought you didn't care what I thought.
"I take issue with that kid's social skills. He juggled instead of carrying on a real conversation. I want my adopted kids to have real social skills and be able to interact with other kids. Many of those homeschooled kids do not know what is proper and what is not proper. They wear business suits to meetings where you do not usually wear them."

He won a Spelling Bee. What do you know about his social skills? No more than you know about any of their social skills. And since when is school the only place you can get those? Or when did it become guaranteed that one would actually get good social skills in school? I know plenty of people who didn't. Just another assumption on Jeanne's part with nothing to back it up. It's sad, really. It sounds like she's just looking for some reason to take the wind out of the homeschooling sails. I think if a public schooled kid had won she'd be touting it as proof of the value of a public over home education. Jeanne doesn't actually interact with homeschooled kids, if I remember correctly, and wouldn't have the slightest clue what they know.
"And to all y'all who comment: you are insecure and a Catholic show off control freak.

Get to the real issues in this church. Their are people who have trouble making and earning a decent wage so they can put their children where they want.

It costs serious money to live where we do.

Again, you don't pay the bills of the people who live here.

You never intend to and you never will.

Shut up."

Okay. I see...insult...irrelevant point...irrelevant point...non-point...irrelevant point...and Jeanne unable to handle a difference of opinion. Okay, got it. Apparently the proper way to have a blog is to ask for comments that you don't publish, insult your readers, and talk about how open minded you are as long as everyone agrees with you. No Catholic women that I've read are making homeschooling out to be a church issue. Why? Because the church supports it. It's in the Catechism that parents have the primary responsibility for educating their children.
"2221 The fecundity of conjugal love cannot be reduced solely to the procreation of children, but must extend to their moral education and their spiritual formation. "The role of parents in education is of such importance that it is almost impossible to provide an adequate substitute."29 The right and the duty of parents to educate their children are primordial and inalienable.30" Catechism of the Catholic Church
But I guess that doesn't matter to Jeanne. I'm sure quoting the catechism, not to force others to homeschool, but just to ask that my decision to do so be respected, is just my being a big fat show off.

Thanks, Jeanne. Once again, very enlightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment