Monday, June 25, 2007

Jeanne asks: If you think you are more Catholic than me, then whyinthehell is your northern parish being closed ...

If you think you are more Catholic than me, then whyinthehell is your northern parish being closed and why is there gay adoptions and marriage?


Jeanne's Original Post

The title of this post states a common theme of this blog. She believes that others think that they are more Catholic than she is. I'm not sure where she gets this idea, but I'm inclined to think it's a sign of insecurity on her part more than an actual problem with people she's met. As for the question posed by the title, it's stunning. There is a separation of church and state in this country. Religion does not dictate to the state what it can and can not do in terms of marriage or adoption. People can. And if those who object for religious reasons are outvoted, then they don't get their way. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Catholic adoption networks have actually been shut down due to their refusal to place adoptive children with gay parents. I have my own feelings about that, but they're not relevant to the blog post being discussed.

"And why are parishes being closed in Good CAAAAAAAAAAAEEEHTHOLICK STATES LIKE MASS ?"

Parishes are being closed for a number of reasons, none of which have to do with how Catholic someone is. I could be the best Catholic ever and I couldn't keep a church open all by myself. I'm not, by the way, just illustrating a point. I can't think of anyone who truly thinks of themselves that way either. That kind of lack of humility would preclude them from being such a great Catholic. She could really lose the weird elongated spelling. It's insulting to her readers (whom she's obviously identified as hostile from her posting style) and hardly makes her seem like a great Catholic either.

"I think the priest scandal says it all. I have yet to see to Legionaire. We look beyond appearance and ABHOR CATHOLIC SHOW OFFS."

Ah, my favorite. The "I'm better than you because I don't act better than you" argument. It's quite common on the blog. She assumes everyone thinks they're a better Catholic than she is while insinuating that she's better than everyone else. Anyone else remember the old plank in the eye scripture?

""SO THAT'S WHHHUHYYYY FAHHHHHHHHHHTHER IS NOT WEARING HIS CASSSSSUHK!"

HOw long have you been like this Mrs. Catholic show off? INSECURE WENCH.

You don't dare bahhhh ther Fahther with your concerns now. Floridian Fahther and that BISHUPPPP THAT YOU ABHOR WILL THROW YOUR ASS OUT."

The hostility in these lines speaks volumes. I don't think it even needs commentary. Again, calling your sister in Christ an "insecure wench" makes you very Catholic. I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment